31 December 2014

Stimulated by Procrastination

Here in this short blog, I realize that procrastination comes with a particular experience similar to an emotion. What happens is that I become stimulated by this experience which I, thus, become subjective to it. If I was to define this experience of procrastination, I would define it as being 'mesmerized' by a particular task in a particular moment. So here in this blog, I'd like to write a quick self-forgiveness statement, and a quick self-commitment statement as a 'blueprint' of self-change to be applied in and as moments that I become 'mesmerized' by events / situations / circumstances. You can read my blog about self-forgiveness here.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to become subject to events / situations / circumstances by reacting to events / situations / circumstances by becoming 'mesmerized' by the particular event / situation / circumstance, and within being 'mesmerized' -- not exert effort in or have a clearly defined path or goal within the point of procrastination that contributes to what I have inititally set out for myself to do for the hour or the day.

I see, realize, and understand how I can contribute to the feeling of being mesmerized to the extent that the intensity and the magnitude thereof can feel as though it is overwhelming, but I see, realize, and understand that all it takes is a decision to get myself out of it, and to do what I set myself out to do for the hour or the day.

I commit myself to, when and as I make a decision to do something, to stick to that decision from start to beginning.

I commit myself to not adhere or cling to the feeling of being mesmerized, but to stick to that decision that I set for myself to do for the hour or the day. I see, realize, and understand that when and as I procrastinate, that I am giving myself to that procrastination, and within that, am subject to it, and so my decisions that I make when I am existing in a point of procrastination becomes a decision that 1: reinforces the 'feeling' of procrastination, and thus, making it real, and 2: are decisions that align to strengthening and perpetuating the procrastination point, and so I see, realize, and understand that I cannot make clear decisions when and as I am subject to / possessed by 'feelings' such as procrastination, and so in that moment, have to make the decision to get myself out of it by simply transitioning from the point of procrastination to continuing to do what I set myself out to do for the day. And I commit myself to within this, do a quick self-forgiveness statement such as: "I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to exist in procrastination." which becomes a self-movement and a plan of action that I am 'rewriting my script' from being subject to procrastination to continuing to do what I set out for myself to do for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment