24 November 2014

IDOLizing IDEAS

Here in this blog, I'd like to write about how I experienced a superiority-point within my mind where I positioned another (in my mind) 'inferior' to me because of my idea that, based on the information that she was telling me, she didn't know what she was talking about, and so I believed that she was making the situation more difficult than it actually was (in my mind).

I was helping this person out with a computer issue. She was explaining to me that whenever she accesses Google Chrome, Google Chrome will close, and she will see her 'home page' again. In my mind, I was thinking that she was saying that when she accesses Google Chrome, she will see her home page, but did not want to see her home page. I thought it was just a matter of her accessing another web site or web page. So in my mind, I created the idea that her level of intelligence was low, and so I saw myself 'superior' to her (intellectually). And because I saw her 'inferior' to me, I became 'impatient' and 'frustrated' with her (more in my mind than shown within physical behavior).

So the person allowed me to have access to her computer remotely, and when I accessed the computer remotely, the actual problem was a lot different than the problem that I created in my mind as an 'idea'. So this is how I realized how ideas are shaped in my mind, and made 'real', and then (emotional) reactions are created within the accepting of the idea (as real). So the actual problem was that when Google Chrome was opening up, it would close down after about two seconds of being opened, and go back to the desktop. So the 'home page' that the person was talking about was the 'desktop', and not necessarily the 'home page' that is accessed when going on the internet. So I can see how I connected the word 'home page' to the page that is accessed when going onto the internet because of memories of how I became to understand what a 'home page' is which I, thus, created the idea that the person just had to browse to a different website or web page to get off of the home page. So I defined this person as 'intellectually slow' because of my 'idea' that I created about her that wasn't even real! So I can see how 'intellect' can be based on 'ideas' about something or someone that creates the experience of 'superiority' to that 'something' or 'someone', but that 'experience' of superiority may not be based on actual physical data / evidence. Now that is something to consider, and something to ask ourselves -- is that really the definition of 'intelligence' that we want to accept / express -- as something that is not even based on physical data, but something that is based on 'ideas' in our mind that then gets expressed through 'behavior' that creates the illusion of 'certainty' about our position in relation to something or someone else? In the next blog, I will write some self-forgivenesses in relation to this. You can read my blog about self-forgiveness here.

No comments:

Post a Comment