28 June 2014

Day 19: Comparison | 21-Day Mind Investigation on Sugar

Here in this blog, I am continuing with Day 18: Fiber Makes Me Run to the Bathroom | 21-Day Mind Investigation on Sugar. In the previous blog, I talked about how I blame certain food items for being the reason for my experience of bloating and bowel movement indications. Whether the particular food item actually contributes to physical reactions, the point here is that I realize how 'blame' is used within the starting-point of wanting to have a 'pleasurable experience' to the food that I eat instead of looking at food, and creating a relationship with food from the starting-point of seeing, realizing, and understanding how that particular food item can contribute to my overall physical health. In this blog, I'd like to continue with the previous blog, but from the perspective of why I even chose to eat more fiber-rich food and fiber-rich products, but here, I want to start off with why I compared the Fiber One Chocolate Peanut Butter meal bars with the South Beach Diet Fudgy Chocolate Mint-flavored candy bars that I ate some time ago before the Fiber One Chocolate Peanut Butter meal bars -- which lead to a 'resistance' to even want to buy and eat the Fiber One Chocolate Peanut Butter meal bars.

Self-forgiveness is something that I use in most of my blogs. It gives me the opportunity, through writing, to look at my relationship to, for instance, blame -- and to see how I use 'blame' to hide, for instance, 'guilt'. I realize that even if I do not know that I am hiding 'guilt', it is because that guilt has become a part of myself, and so the 'guilt' in this case would be not wanting to see, and realize that I have made my starting-point of eating foods a desire to experience 'pleasure' to the foods that I am eating instead of looking at and choosing foods from the starting-point of how my physical body's health can benefit from the type of foods that I eat.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have a 'resistance' within myself to consume the Fiber One Chocolate Peanut Butter meal bars because of me projecting the past of when I ate the South Beach Diet Fudgy Chocolate Mint-flavored candy bars, and how I experienced bloating, and bowel movement indications after eating them.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to choose the pack of Fiber One Chocolate Peanut Butter meal bars from the starting point of fearing to have bloating and / or bowel movement indications, instead of trying it out first -- with no ideas, beliefs, or assumptions about it -- to see how my body processes it.

I see, realize, and understand that, just like blame, how 'resistance' is actually a judgment that I place upon a food item. I see, realize, and understand, within this, that a judgment reflects an ‘issue’ that exists within myself, whereby, that issue is superimposed (projected) onto the food that I am eating. I see, realize, and understand that my resistance that I have to buying the Fiber One Chocolate Peanut Butter meal bars is not only resisting the particular ingredient within it that caused me to experience bloating and bowel movement indications, but this 'resistance' stems from me 'resisting' to change the way that I eat in a way that contributes to my overall physical health.

So, I commit myself to redefine 'resistance' into 'acceptance' so that when a resistance pattern comes up withn myself -- to, in that moment, redefine my relationship to that which I am 'resisting', by seeing how that particular person, place, and / or thing that I am 'resisting' can contribute to me seeing a solution within that moment rather than reacting to the particular person, place, and or thing.

I commit myself to redefine 'resistance' into 'acceptance' as a way of 'accepting' what is in front of me / in my physical reality, and within that -- seeing how what is in front of me can contribute to me seeing a solution within that moment instead of reacting to the particular person, place, and / or thing. I also commit myself to see how I can contribute to the particular event / situation with 'solutions' rather than 'reacting' to the particular event / situation that I am 'facing' with 'resistance'.

I commit myself to, in the moment of me deciding which candy bar that I should choose -- to, instead of deciding from the starting-point of fearing the experience of bloating, flatulence, stomach pain and / or bowel movement indications -- to choose from a starting-point of that which will assist in stabilizing any experiences of hunger, that which has quality nutrient value, and that which I know that, based on experience, research, and measuring my blood glucose levels -- does not cause bloating, flatulence, stomach pain and / or bowel movement indications, and does not cause any spikes in blood sugar such as meat.

I commit myself to, buy one candy bar instead of the whole pack of a product that is high in fiber and which, essentially, has similar sweeteners like the South Beach Diet Fudgy Chocolate Mint-flavored candy bars, and the Fiber One Chocolate Peanut Butter meal bars to test to see how my physical body digests it so that, instead of resisting it by not buying it at all, it will be a point of 'acceptance' within testing it out to see if it has the same digestive affect as the South Beach Diet Fudgy Chocolate Mint-flavored candy bars, and the Fiber One Chocolate Peanut Butter meal bars. Within this, I see, realize, and understand that, I can use my experiences of these particular candy bars that have a relatively high fiber content digests within my body to critically compare the ingredients and study the ingredients of which from within this, I can relatively gain an awareness of what I can eat that will not constitute in creating symptoms of bloating, flatulence, stomach pain and / or bowel movement indications.

I see, realize, and understand how I use 'comparison' to judge something as 'better than' something else contingent on what that particular person, place, and or food item (in this case) has in it. I commit myself to redefine 'comparison' where I, instead of judging a particular food item based on what it has in it -- in relation to another food item that does not have that same ingredient to -- use comparison as a way of examining, and noting the similarities or differences that each particular food item has with the other food item as a way of forming / formulating a 'solution' that can be practically lived as a 'correction' in relation to food that I eat.

I will continue in the next blog with how I judge and resist certain food items because of their high carbohydrate content without even testing to see how the particular food item practically and realistically affects my blood sugar levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment