28 June 2014

Day 18: Fiber Makes Me Run to the Bathroom | 21-Day Mind Investigation on Sugar

Here, I am continuing with Day 17: Fiber Makes My Food Safe to Eat | 21-Day Mind Investigation on Sugar. In the previous blog, I talked about me deciding one day that I will buy a pack of Fiber One Chocolate Peanut Butter Meal Bars, and how the reason for buying them was to watch out for my carbohydrate intake, and so I was looking for something high in fiber because of the information that I researched about how fiber contains the sugars in fruits, vegetables, nuts, etc., thus, making it more difficult for the digestive tracts to break down the cell walls which, in turn, helps the liver by giving it more time to process the sugars.

Here in this blog, I'd like to continue with my relationship to fiber and how I experienced myself during and after I digested the Fiber One Chocolate Peanut Butter meal bar in the form of self-forgivenesses. Self-forgiveness allows me to look at my relationship to fiber, and how I experienced myself during and after I digested the particular Fiber One Chocolate Peanut Butter meal bar. What does the word 'relationship' mean in this context? My 'relationship' to the Fiber One Chocolate Peanut Butter meal bar, is basically my emotional relationship to it (in other words, my emotional reactions to it), an in addition, the particular thoughts that I have about the Fiber One Chocolate Peanut Butter meal bar, and any imaginations that come up within my mind about the Fiber One Chocolate Peanut butter meal bars. So here I start.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to blame the very ingredients within food as being the 'cause' as to why I experience certain kinds of physical body reactions such as, in this case, bloating, and digestive reactions leading to bowel movement indications.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realize that blaming food is when there is an emotional reaction to the food that I eat, and / or when I judge either the entire food item and all of the ingredients or a single ingredient within the food item as being the reason to why my physical body reacted the way that it did.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realize how blaming the food that I eat is basically looking at my experiences that I had with a particular food item or an ingredient within a food item that I judged as 'bad experiences' instead of looking at the nutritional content, and how that particular ingredient or food item contributes to my overall physical health.

I commit myself to look at / research how a particular food item / ingredient contributes to my overall physical health. I realize, within this, that when I 'blame' food -- that my starting-point for eating the particular food item was because of wanting / desiring to experience 'pleasure' when eating it instead of looking at how that particular food item contributes to my overall physical health.

I commit myself to, instead of seeing / defining food from a starting-point -- as a substance that exists to give me pleasure -- to redefine food as a substance that is used as a source of nourishment.

I will continue in the next blog on my relationship with carbohydrates, and how I judge food items as 'bad' if they have a high-carbohydrate content which is one of my starting-points for me leaning to fiber as a 'good carbohydrate' that supposedly helps with maintaining blood sugar levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment