21 June 2014

Day 16: Taste as a Reward SC | 21-Day Mind Investigation on Sugar

Here in this blog, I am continuing with 21-Day Mind Investigation on Sugar: Taste as a Reward SF | Day 15. In the previous blog, my self-forgivenesses were focused more on memories within my life where I connected different types of food items within those memories to experiences of happiness and enjoyment, and within that, I realize how I use those same memories / experiences, and how I reacted within those same memories / experiences as references to how I react to particular present situations that have similar components to the memories / experiences that I reacted to in the past -- such as the food that I am eating within a particular moment, or the restaurant that I am eating at and / or the food that I am eating at the particular restaurant. So here in this blog, I will continue with some self-forgivenesses and commitments as a way of wrapping up the 'Taste as Reward' point.

Self-Commitments allows me to identify points of correction that I can physically / practically live within my life as a way of changing my relationship to a particular person or event / situation that I initially reacted to. When I physically / practically live what I commit myself to do within writing, it is a way of correcting myself to not react to an event or situation that arises, but to remain stable and remain clear of who I am in relation to the event / situation as a way of grounding myself.

I see, realize, and understand that when I believe that I should 'feel' something 'emotionally' to / towards the food that I eat, that this is actually me manipulating myself to see the food that I eat as something 'more than' what it in-fact is.

I see, realize, and understand that I use emotions to manipulate my perception / judgment of people, places, and things, and so thus, will judge that person, place, and / or thing as either 'better than' or 'inferior' to me.

I see, realize, and understand that when I react emotionally to the food that I eat, it means that I reacted to the taste of a particular food item to the extent that the 'taste' of a particular food item became the main element about the food that I look for which I either ignore, miss, or am not aware of the other important contents / components about the food that I am eating such as where the ingredients of the particular food item comes from, what are the vitamin and mineral content of the food, what do the vitamin and mineral content do as a means of supporting the body, what is the sugar content of the particular food item, what are the ingredients within the particular food item that is 'disguised' as sugar, what is the protein, sodium and fat content of the particular food item, and what other types of foods can 'go with' the particular food item that I am eating as a means of 'compensating for' the lack of vitamin and mineral content that the particular food item that I initially decided to eat does not have a sufficient amount of -- to provide the body with effective nourishment.

I commit myself to ground myself in relation food by changing my starting-point towards food to, instead of reacting emotionally to the food that I eat -- to find out what particular ingredients contribute to the taste of the particular food item, and to see how that which contributes to the taste of the food item became merged together as a delicacy.

I commit myself to find out what contributes to the taste of the particular food item by separating the ingredients one-by-one to see how that particular food item / delicacy is created.

I see, realize, and understand that how I see certain foods that I eat as a 'reward' is because of how the taste affects me emotionally, but that that which contributes to the taste are different ingredients. And so within this, I see, realize, and understand that I am, in-fact, unconsciously assigning all of the different ingredients that make up the particular food item as being a 'reward', in essence -- and thus, seeing them as a 'delicacy' within my mind, but not realizing that they are the 'everyday' ingredients that I have eaten many times.

For instance, I realize that one ingredient that makes the peanut sauce what it is -- are peanuts; so I am, unconsciously within my mind, assigning the peanuts a status of being a 'reward' based on how the peanuts constitute to creating the sensations of 'taste' within myself that I assign an 'emotional' value towards -- because of the taste.

Within this, I realize how I manipulate myself by seeing peanuts by themselves as 'not a delicacy', and how I see the peanut sauce as a 'delicacy' when they are added with other ingredients.

I realize that part of the reason that I am seeing the peanut sauce as a 'delicacy' is because of how the peanut sauce reminds me of me being at home as a child eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and not having to worry or be concerned about what I am eating because of me being ignorant to the fact of what is involved with the making of the bread, the jelly, and the peanut butter.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to see the peanut sauce as a 'delicacy' because of how the peanut sauce that I ate with the salad rolls reminds me of me being at home as a child eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and not having to worry or be concerned about what I am eating because of me being ignorant to the fact of what is involved with the making of the bread, the jelly, and the peanut butter.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to, within this, see the point of being 'ignorant' about things as a kind of 'freedom'.

I commit myself to understand this world, how it works, and what the current events are within the world as a way of expanding my awareness on 1) how I am contributing on an individual level within my behavior and routine daily-living to that which is in this world, in essence -- manifested consequence, and 2) how I can walk a practical change within myself to assist / support myself to ground myself to no more be an effect of situations / circumstances that arise by reacting to them emotionally, but rather take responsibility in correcting myself in relation to whatever comes up within myself as emotions and reactions.

I realize that part of the reason that I am seeing the peanut sauce as a 'delicacy' is because of my 'lack of knowledge' within knowing how the peanut sauce is made.

I commit myself to expand the definition of 'delicacy'. I realize that the definition of the word 'delicacy' is something considered choice to eat. I commit myself to redefine the word 'delicacy' as something that is considered 'choice' to eat based on knowing what the ingredients of a particular food item is, how they are made, how it affects the body, and how all of the particular ingredients can constitute to providing optimal nourishment for the physical body.

I commit myself to expand on the definition of 'memory'. I realize that the definition of the word 'memory' is the cognitive processes whereby past experience is remembered. I commit myself to redefine the word 'memory' as the cognitive processes whereby past experience is remembered and used as a reference to how one can change in physical reality and how one can correct oneself when it comes to facing moments in physical reality to no more duplicate the emotions and behaviors of who one was in the past, but be able to ground oneself in the present to be able to walk in physical reality with stability, clarity and self-trust.

I see, realize, and understand how I define a reward as something that is 'separate' from me that I believe that I have to 'achieve'.

I see, realize, and understand how the dictionary defines a reward as a 'benefit' that results from some event or action.

I see, realize, and understand that a 'benefit' is something that aids or promotes well-being.

I see, realize, and understand that the most optimal 'benefit' that can be applied in every situation is to do that which is best in all ways possible.

I commit myself to redefine the word 'reward' as a 'benefit' that aids in producing that that which is best in all ways possible: realizing that what is best in all ways possible is producing ways of living and existing that are the most optimal in all ways, which will naturally align to what is best for oneself on an individual level.

No comments:

Post a Comment