07 June 2014

21-Day Mind Investigation on Sugar: Trusting the Taste More Than Looking at the Content | Day 10


My wife and I went to see the documentary 'Fed Up' when it aired in Dallas at a film center. Fed Up is a documentary by Katie Couric who exposes how corporations within food industry is making money from our indulgences with food that has a high sugar and carbohydrate content. One of the key things that has been marketed for years in the food industry is that we are responsible for the food that we consume, and that the key factor in losing weight is to 'eat right' by consuming less calories.

What I want to expose here within this blog is how the food industry is blamed when in-fact not realizing that the food industry and the way that it is setup is marketing our own desires back to us. According to statistics given within the 'Fed Up' documentary, between 1970 and 1990, the consumption of high-fructose corn syrup in America has increased by 1000 percent. High-fructose corn syrup is a sugar made from corn which is almost identical to sugar.

The problem is, is that when we do not investigate where our foods come from and what the content is of the particular food item(s) that we are consuming, what happens is that a 'trust' will be automatically given to the foods that we eat because they taste good, and then what happens is that we become accustomed to choosing foods based on the taste, and not really looking at the content of what's in the food, and so thus, corporations within the food industry can use this 'lack of awareness' / 'lack of concern' to their advantage and place in these 'hard-to-pronounce' or 'not-effectively-known' ingredients, such as high-fructose corn syrup, because of how that particular ingredient can be beneficial within the food industry because of its low economical value. And then what happens as a result is, for instance, blaming the food industry for us not taking the initial responsibility to correct our relationship to food. So here in this blog, I'd like to write some self-forgivenesses in relation to this point.

Self-forgiveness, for me, allows me to gift myself, through writing, the opportunity to look at my relationship to sugar and food in a way that I can correct it instead of judging the corporations within the food industry for being the culprit. It allows me to release any emotional reactions that I have in relation to the food industry, and within releasing my emotional reactions, I am able to more clearly see my relationship to how I use foods for pleasure and how I do not really investigate the content of the particular food-item that I am consuming.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to investigate the content of the particular food item that I am consuming or about to consume.

I commit myself to start investigating the content of the particular good item that I am consuming or about to consume.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to blame the corporations within the food industry for being the culprit within using deceptive marketing strategies to develop effective profit.

I commit myself to be self-honest, and to look within myself where I am using 'deception' to / towards others within relationships in order to take advantage of them. I see, realize, and understand that within this, I am no different than corporations within the food industry profiting from my own naivety.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realize that when I 'validate' another person within my life, that my starting-point is my desire to 'be' validated also -- in which that becomes my starting-point for developing friendships / relationships as a way of using that person so that I can feel 'validated' which is, in-fact, taking advantage of that individual.

I commit myself to not only investigate the content of what's in my food by looking at the ingredients and studying each ingredient, but I commit myself to also investigate the content of my relationships to see what are the main points within the relationship, as the 'content' that is keeping the relationship in-tact such as: "They make me feel good"; "They make me feel alive."; "They accept me for who I am.", etc.....

I commit myself to stop existing within patterns and creating patterns of relationships that are based on the desire to be validated by something / someone that I believe is 'separate' from me.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I am 'separate' from the food that I eat, and so as consequence, only focus on the 'taste' of the food because of the taste being something that gives me a 'good feeling' within myself when I eat it.

I see, realize, and understand that 'taste' is something that is only one part of the food that I eat, and that there are a lot more 'parts' of the food that makes it what it is.

I commit myself to investigate these other parts that makes 'food' what it is -- such as the ingredients, and how it affects my physical body, and also the vitamin and mineral content, and what the vitamin's and mineral's functionality are, and how it affects my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment