09 June 2014

21-Day Mind Investigation on Sugar: Vega One All-In-One Shake | Day 11

The Vega All-In-One Shake is a shake that, according to their description, has all essential nutrients that is needed for effective nourishment of the physical body such as protein, fiber, Omega-3 (which is found in fish such as salmon), green vegetables, probiotics (which is a beneficial bacterium that is found in yogurt), antioxidants (which is found in blueberries), and 50% of the recommended daily intake of vitamins and minerals.

When I drank this at the grocery store, I immediately enjoyed it because I created this idea within myself that this shake is going to do something 'good' within my physical body (even though it was just a small sample cup that I tried). I realize that this idea that I created that the shake is going to do something 'good' within my physical body is because I have not developed an intimacy with food and with my own physical body. I have not developed intimacy from the perspective of knowing / understanding the content of what the food that I am eating has, and what it can do for me nutritionally. The only intimacy that I created with food is within the taste, and I realize that it's not even the taste that I created an intimacy towards, but my experience towards the taste of the food. This bring up a question, what is 'taste' really if all that we are experiencing is our experience of the taste within food (e.g. how we feel when and after we eat a particular food item)? What should our relationship really be with and towards 'taste'?

So here within this blog, I'd like to write some self-forgivenesses about my relationship to the Vega All-In-One shake: precisely looking my reactions to it, and why I created so much positivity towards it.

Self-forgiveness allows me to gift myself, through writing, the opportunity to look at my relationship to what I eat and what I drink. It allows me to look at what I 'missed' -- from the perspective of what I was not aware of before and when I eat or buy particular food items. It allows me to develop that awareness through realizing what I missed and how I can correct myself in future events / situations / circumstances.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to be aware of the reason why I like certain food items or certain drinks, and so within that, exist within the feeling of 'enjoyment' when I eat or drink something, and not really understand the reason why I am enjoying it.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realize that it's not all about the taste of foods or drinks as the reason to why I would enjoy a particular food item or a particular drink, but that it could be something else that I also found pleasing about the food or the drink that contributed to me enjoying the taste of it.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realize that, in this case, what contributed to me enjoying the taste of the Vega All-In-One shake is the amount of nutrients that comes with the shake.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realize how me liking the fact that the Vega All-In-One shake has a broad range of nutrients that comes with the shake is based on a fear-of-survival of not being able to get the quality nutrients that I need each and every day to stay healthy.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realize how this fear-of-survival of not being able to get the quality nutrients that I need each and every day to stay healthy comes from 'laziness' from not finding out / researching on my own what kinds of nutrients exist in various kinds of foods, and being able to for myself, prepare food dishes that have those same nutrients present with them.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realize how I see the Vega All-In-One shake equal to how I see my mom -- from the perspective of how my mom prepared food for me when I was young, and within this, not realize how my mom prepared and cooked food for me contributed to me enjoying myself eating the foods that I ate when I was young.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realize how me enjoying the foods that I ate from my mom contributed to my resistance to prepare foods on my own, and contributed to me being 'lazy' within not wanting to or not even being aware of the nutrients and ingredients that are part of a particular food item.

I commit myself to when I buy something at the store, to look at the nutrition label and the ingredients to become aware of what it is that I am putting into my body when I eat.

I commit myself to take the ingredients on the food label and research what those ingredients are.

I commit myself to watch documentaries about food to become more aware of how food is produced (such as how sugar is produced) and how it affects the physical body.

I commit myself to research what vitamins, minerals, calories, proteins, etc. affects or supports the physical body.

No comments:

Post a Comment