03 June 2014

21-Day Mind Investigation on Sugar: Quest Bar | Day 6

Here in this blog, I'd like to talk about my experience with the Quest Protein Bar. The Quest bar is a candy bar that is low in carbohydrates, have readable ingredients such as whey and milk protein isolate, fiber, peanuts, almonds, cashews, stevia, erythritol, and sucralose. These candy bars only have 1 gram of sugar which is what the sucralose is. Erythritol is a sugar-alcohol that has been deemed the easiest to digest with up to 90% being absorbed by the small intestine before it enters the colon, and so basically, it doesn't cause digestive problems like other sugar alcohols have been known to cause. With my personal experience with sugar alcohols, it seems as though if I eat something that has maltitol in it, it seems to be more of a laxative unlike erythritol that does not create laxative tendencies within myself according to my experience.

I realize that this 'happiness' experience from eating Quest bars stems around not being able to effectively find a candy bar that is low in carbohydrates. The question first, though, is why am I trying to find food items that are low in carbohydrates? Because I see, realize, and understand that carbohydrates have an effect on blood sugar levels. If I eat foods that are high in carbohydrates, such as sweets, they tend to raise my blood sugar level. If I eat foods that are low in carbohydrates, such as meat, they tend to keep my blood sugar level low. So because Quest bars are relatively high in carbohydrates, but also high in fiber and low in sugar, the actual active carbohydrates that will affect the physical body is low, and so I've been buying these Quest bars and enjoy eating them.

The question is, though, is where is this happiness experience coming from? I realize that when I investigate this relationship to happiness, that this 'happiness experience' is an 'effect' -- coming from my 'submissiveness' to the current money system that exist and the laws and regulations that make it work.

It also comes from the food system, and how diets are being sold to the food industry and into politics based on how we, as a collective within this world, become attracted to a certain diet, such as vegetarianism or veganism, for example, in which vegetarianism and veganism gets 'sold' to the food industry as a brand, and what makes the food industry what it is today but money, and what will we do when vegetarianism, veganism, or any other diet is sold into the food industry? We do nothing because we are 'satisfied' by our own diet, and not really looking at and investigating the food industry, and where our food comes from, how different diets affect our physical body, what type of foods are best for our bodies, how we can communicate with our bodies from the perspective of finding out what foods we need to be able to provide our bodies with optimal nutrition, etc. What is taken place is a diet, that the becomes a 'controlled discipline' where within this discipline, we do not challenge ourselves because it is a point where we are existing in a relationship of 'giving up' within ourselves where we give up on creating an 'awareness' within ourselves of who we are in relation food and in relation to the world and how we can change ourselves in relation to the world to be able to assist in creating the best possible life for everything and everyone, and so ourselves.

And I also realize that it can be a point where I create a relationship with food within wanting and valuing food based on the 'taste', and not looking at food from a starting-point of how food is there to assist and support me nutritionally. So taste becomes the primary factor within my choices of food, and so as consequence, candy bars are created to satisfy the tongue rather than candy bars created that have nutritional value that can support the physical body optimally. So in the next blog, I will write some self-forgiveness for these points, and explain how self-forgiveness assists and supports me to look back at my experiences in my life and how it assists and supports me to release any reactions or relationships that I have to / towards those experiences so that I remain as an 'effect' of experiences, but rather, direct and stable in my expression of who I am within and as experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment