31 May 2014

21-Day Mind Investigation on Sugar: Salad Sushi Roll | Day 5A

So the Salad Sushi Roll I bought at a grocery store that was already made, and I enjoyed it. I realize that my starting-point for buying it, though, was based on a resistance to eat the salad that I bought previously that didn't have any dressing added to it. I realize how I connected this resistance to the fear of eating foods that I defined as 'boring'. I also realize, within this, how with even the salad roll, the most enjoyment that I experienced from it was the condiment that came with it. So here I can see how I defined vegetables as boring, because of the general taste of them.

I also realize how when vegetables are rolled up in an exotic way -- that it reminds me of me opening up a gift, such as a Christmas gift, because when eating sushi -- I do not look at all of the food items that are wrapped in it that makes the sushi roll what it is. I only eat the entire roll to see how it will taste, and within eating it -- there I will create either a negative or a positive experience from it. So eating sushi is like opening a box of chocolates, and trying one out. They may look the same or different in their appearance, but you never know what kind of flavor or taste that you will experience from eating one of the chocolate nuggets regardless of if they look the same or not.

So there are two points within this blog:

1) The first point is how I experienced the sushi roll as 'boring', and so I constantly ate a bit of the condiment that came with the sushi so that I can 'enjoy' it more. The question is, what is the point within this? Am I not supposed to enjoy the food that I eat? The point here is my judgment of the sushi being 'less appealing' without the condiment, and so I manipulate the taste of the sushi with something separate from it, such as a condiment to improve the taste. The point here is manipulation, and how foods are manipulated with sauces, condiments, and seasoning in order to improve the taste.

2) The second point is me not actually looking at and investigating what's in the food that I eat, but rather, shaping foods in a particular manner that will create more interest and attraction to that particular food item, and so because it then is shaped in a way that it looks good, so much focus is placed on how it looks that what's actually in the food is not investigated / missed.

So in the next blog, I will write some self-forgivenesses for these two points. Self-forgiveness, for me, allows me to gift myself, through writing, the opportunity to look back at my experiences, and release any judgments, attractions, and resistances to particular food items. Such as, for instance, judging a particular food item as 'boring' because of the taste of it, or being attracted to a particular food item because of how it looks, and within that, ignoring the nutritional properties of it, and the nourishment that it can give in relation to physical health. So within releasing my judgments, attractions, and resistances to particular food items through self-forgiveness, I am able to more clearly see my starting-point (which is the reason) for eating particular food items. Am I eating this particular food item because I like how it looks and tastes? Am I eating this particular food item to compensate for my experience of boredom? And this 'list' goes on....

No comments:

Post a Comment