25 May 2014

21-Day Mind Investigation on Sugar: Three Twins Ice Cream | Day 2

Here in this blog, I'd like to talk about my experience with trying out some Three Twins™ ice cream. In the afternoon of May 24th 2014, I ate some Paneer Tikka for lunch which consists of tomato masala (Indian spices) with cheese, rice with chopped vegetables, and spinach. The servings per container is 1 with a net-carb value of 37 grams. What are net-carbs by the way? Well since most of the fiber that is consumed by the body passes through the intestines rather than being digested, fiber is subtracted from the total carbohydrate count when looking at the Nutrition Facts label.

Fiber is, basically, the indigestible part of plant foods, including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts and legumes. When you consume dietary fiber, most of it passes through the intestines and is not digested.

The rest of the carbohydrates are either sugar, sugar-alcohols, and / or the 'other carbohydrates' which are primarily the starches that are made from long strands of glucose that are linked together. Here in my log, I monitor my daily in-take of carbohydrates and how it affects my glucose level.

Now the part that I want to get to is the part where I judged the ice cream as being 'bad' because of it having more of the 'sugar' carbohydrate, than the Paneer Tikka which had only 7 grams of sugar out of 41 grams of total carbohydrates (in which 4 of those 41 grams is the dietary fiber). The Three Twins™ Sea Salted Caramel-flavored ice cream has 17 grams of sugar out of 24 grams of carbohydrates total.

So here in this blog, I'd like to write some self-forgiveness statements. Self-forgiveness, for me, allows me to gift myself, through writing, the opportunity to look back at my experiences, and release any emotional reactions that I have in relation to sugar and health, and within releasing my emotional reactions, I am able to more clearly see my relationship to sugar and health, and how I defined and manipulated myself to resist foods that are high in sugar, and 'like' foods that are low in carbohydrates.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself judge sugar as 'bad', and believe that the 'less sugar' that a particular food item has, the 'more healthy' it is, and that the 'more sugar' that a particular food item has, the 'less healthy' it is -- without understanding all of what that particular food item consists of and exists as, and how it affects my own physical body.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realize that the reason that I judged the The Three Twins™ Sea Salted Caramel-flavored ice cream as 'bad' is because of my 'fear' of getting 'diabetes' if I eat too much of it.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realize that my fear of diabetes is a consequence of me not taking my physical body into consideration, but rather, me existing within 'carelessness' within not really 'caring' about my physical body, and how I can assist my physical body practically in ways for it to maintain effective functionality, and so thus within this, fear dis-eases -- not realizing that my 'fear of dis-ease' is a cross-reference for myself of me not being 'at ease' (comfortable) with myself in relation to my mind and my body.

I commit myself to become aware of my blood-sugar changes, and how food affects my blood sugar by actually investing in a blood glucose monitor so that I can have an 'awareness' of how particular food items affect my body, and within this, be able to manage what I eat effectively and with 'awareness'.

I see, realize, and understand that if I do not have an 'awareness' of how my physical body is affected by the different kinds of foods that I eat, then all of the knowledge and information that I understand about food and nutrition is, in-fact, only knowledge and information. Thus, I commit myself to take that knowledge and information into practicality by investing in medical devices, such as a blood glucose monitor, that is able to assist and support me within my awareness to cross-reference my education that I acquired about food with real-time measurements that are able to identify changes in my physical body.


Resources:

Types of Carbohydrates: http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fitness/food/what-can-i-eat/understanding-carbohydrates/types-of-carbohydrates.html

FAQ Carbohydrates: http://www.faqs.org/nutrition/Ca-De/Carbohydrates.html

No comments:

Post a Comment