21 August 2011

Eating Salads / Investigating Desire for 'Tasty' Foods

From the start of Tuesday, August 16th to Tuesday, August 23rd, "J" and I decided to eat salad, nuts, and fruits within this time frame to assist our process within food mind-constructs with regards to beliefs within/about food, judgments, justifications, etc.... how food, which is real is, in fact, being used to satisfy our desires.

For the first three days, I ate salad with ranch dressing (along with nuts and fruits). On Friday, August 19th, I ate salad without the dressing, and on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, I ate a diversity of salad, nuts, and fruits, with other types of salad (such as pasta salad).

For the first three days, I noticed the point of desire from the perspective of desiring other types of food such as 'starchy' foods: which are one of the primary types of foods that 'fill' me up. I also desire the taste of foods that such as 'Indian' food (in general) which is high in starch. Although, salad did fill me up to the point wherein I became full, I was still 'hungry' for some 'tasty' food.

On Friday, August 19th, I ate salad without dressing -- which I believed was 'difficult' for me because there wasn't any taste. I 'experienced' a whole other 'taste' of food, and realized that most of the foods we eat are dependent on the 'taste' rather than simply eating it as the 'raw' integrity of it. On Saturday, August 20th until Monday, August 22nd, I ate a diversity of salad, nuts, and fruits with other types of salad (such as pasta salad).

The taste, overall, was 'more diverse', but in turn after eating a week of salad, I decided that I would be 'better off' with something that had 'starch' in it -- such as bread. Therefore, on August 25th I ate some Cici's pizza. On that following day, I began vomiting because my stomach couldn't handle the pizza.

So after eating the pizza, I decided to start eating salads again because my starting point of eating the pizza was based on 'desire' and the belief that I will be 'full' when I eat the pizza. Therefore, I informed myself that I will eat more salads because the body is able to get full from salads. It is only my 'desire' that 'wants more' to eat, which in turn, creates the 'hunger' for more food.

Points I Saw Within This:
  • Belief that I am still hungry after eating salads
  • Belief that the desire for 'tasty' foods is real
  • Belief that I will be 'unhealthy' if I don't eat the foods that I desire
  • Belief that I will not be 'me' if I don't eat the foods that I desire
  • Belief that eating 'tasty' foods is an 'expression'
  • Abusing the 'expression' of foods by judging them as 'tasty' / 'untasty'
Self-Forgiveness:

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I am still hungry after eating salads.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that the desire for 'tasty' foods is real.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I will be 'unhealthy' if I don't eat the foods that I desire.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I will not be 'me' if I don't eat the foods that I desire.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that eating 'tasty' foods is an 'expression'.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to 'abuse' the 'expression' of foods by judging them as 'tasty' / 'untasty'.

Self-Corrective Statements:

I am the 'breath'.

I am 'life'.

I am one and equal as the food that I eat.

'Til here no further: I am not defined by the foods that I eat.

Self-Corrective Application:

When and as I see myself go into a pattern of desiring food, I stop; I stand; I breath, and I let go. I realize that it takes my participation for me to generate the 'hunger' of desiring food. I realize that this is not best for me, and not 'best for all'. I stop my participation within this, which stops 'mind' participation as it.

No comments:

Post a Comment