17 October 2011

The Christian Personality: Juanita Bynum


Juanita Bynum is an American Pentecostal televangelist, author, actress and gospel singer. After Bynum graduated from high school, she started preaching in nearby churches and at revivals and gained some notoriety. Dr. Juanita Bynum now sits as President of Juanita Bynum Ministries and CEO of Juanita Bynum Enterprises.

Over the years of being a Christian, Juanita Bynum was one of my favorite icons. I wanted to be like her because I saw her zeal for God. Her 'zeal' for God motivated me as a Christian to become more disciplined within the Christian realm. With my interest in Juanita Bynum, I saw her as 'more than' me, but I realize that Juanita Bynum is simply a complex of behavioral, temperamental, emotional and mental characteristics that defines her as Juanita Bynum according to her parent's genetic algorithm.

I will take the personality of Juanita Bynum, as me, and do self-forgiveness for defining myself as her -- as I am one and equal as all personalities/egos that exist.

Self-Forgiveness as Juanita Bynum:

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define me as Juanita Bynum. I am one and equal as all life.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define me according to who my parents were. I am not defined by my parents.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define me according to where I was born. I am not defined by where I was born.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define me as the personality/ego, of/as Juanita Bynum. I am not defined by my personality/ego.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define me as a prophetess. I am not defined by my position; I am one and equal as all life.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define me as a Christian. I am not defined by my religion; I am one and equal as all life.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define me as a televangelist. I am not defined by my position; I am one and equal as all life.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define me as the President of Juanita Bynum Ministries. I am not defined by my position; I am one and equal as all life. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define me as the CEO of Juanita Bynum Enterprises. I am not defined by my position; I am one and equal as all life. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define me as an author. I am not defined by my talents; I am one and equal as all life

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define me as an actress. I am not defined by my talents; I am one and equal as all life.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define me as a gospel singer. I am not defined by my talents; I am one and equal as all life.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define me as a Dr. I am not defined by a title; I am one and equal as all life.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define me according to the religion that I belong to. I am not defined by the religion that I belong to; I am one and equal as all life.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define me according to the personalities I associate with. I am not defined by the personalities I associate with; I am one and equal as all life.

Self-Forgiveness as Me in Separation from Juanita Bynum: 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to envy Juanita Bynum instead of realizing that I am one and equal as all life.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to desire to be like Juanita Bynum instead of realizing that I am one and equal as all life.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that Juanita Bynum is 'better than' me instead of realizing that I am one and equal as all life.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define me as 'more than' Juanita Bynum because she is a 'woman'. I am one and equal with/as all women.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that Juanita Bynum shouldn't talk the way she talks and move the way she moves because she is a 'woman'. I am one and equal with/as all women.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that Juanita Bynum shouldn't have the audacity to expose my dishonesties to myself because she is a 'woman'. I am one and equal with/as all women.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that since I am a man, I am able to take self-responsibility 'more than' Juanita Bynum because of my masculinity, and so within that, see Juanita Bynum as 'less than' because I have defined 'women' as 'less than' according to their femininity. So when I see Juanita Bynum directing herself, I see myself as 'less than' her and become jealous because of the belief that I am 'more able' to be self-directive because of my masculinity. I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not take self-direction in every moment of breath, and project my not taking self-responsibility onto Juanita Bynum in the form of competition as comparison, judgement, and jealousy.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define Juanita Bynum as a 'powerful' woman because I have defined me as 'powerful' according to my masculinity. So when she's on stage, I see myself as 'less than' her and her as 'more than' me in the form of 'power' instead of realizing that I am one and equal as all life.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define Juanita Bynum as a 'powerful' woman because I have defined 'money' as 'power' instead of realizing that I am one and equal as all life.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that Juanita Bynum shouldn't have money because I have defined women as 'less powerful' than men, and defined money as 'power', therefore, believing that men should possess more money than women instead of realizing that I am one and equal as all life.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that Juanita Bynum is 'better Christian' than me instead of realizing that I am one and equal as all life.

No comments:

Post a Comment